Petroleumbazaar.com provides services of expert technical groups and personnel to advise and conduct studies to improve conservation of energy in your plant, office, farm house and residential complexes. If you need consultancy services in any of the following area please contact us at
INTERCHANGE OF FUEL
ENVIRONMENT RISK ASSESSMENT
The subject of energy conservation has been steadily gaining importance in the country. This is attributed to the growing recognition of the importance of energy conservation as an economically beneficial energy resource in its own right and the inadequate availability of commercial energy for meeting the growing needs of the social and economic development of the country.
Click Here for Energy Conservation Act 2001
Government of India has adopted following strategies to achieve the long term objectives of energy conservation i.e. to reduce the energy consumption in all the sectors of the economy with respect to GDP.
1. To bring attitudinal changes amongst all energy users to achieve maximum energy use efficiency through appropriate legislative measures.
2. To take necessary steps to discipline those who fail to fall in line with the above changes.
3. To adopt policies which make energy conservation easy and attractive for being adopted by all energy users by providing attractive incentives.
4. All new projects must be accompanied by an energy plan which is cleared only when the energy conservation aspect is fully safeguarded.
5. Mandatory energy labeling of equipment, appliances, technologies and processes.
6. To view energy conservation as a new source of energy and exploit it fully to bridge the gap between the demand and supply, thereby reducing shortages of power and reducing the import of petroleum products.
ENERGY CONSERVATION MEASURES IN REFINERIES
There has been progressive reduction in the "Fuel and Loss " in Indian refineries over the last several years. Various energy conservation measures adopted by refineries such as replacement of old furnaces with modern high efficiency furnaces along with pre-heaters, optimization of heat exchanger trains, etc. as well as operational improvements have resulted in the above reduction of Energy Consumption.
In order to maintain the above trend of declining energy consumption at the refineries, some of the steps being adopted include :
1. Use of Pinch technology for optimization of heat recovery in the preheat exchanger trains.
2. Use of advanced control instruments and process control techniques.
3. Up gradation of low-efficiency power generating equipment, wherever economically viable.
4 Up gradation of low-efficiency furnaces. Wherever economically viable.
5. Minimization of stream leaks and condensate recovery etc.